Fire at Trace Adkins' Home Caused By Electrical Problem

Posted by Melanie Agee on 06/07/2011
The fire that destroyed Trace Adkins’ home Saturday, June 4, was determined to have been caused by an an electrical problem.  The fire was caused by a loose electrical connection in a power strip in the garage.
The fire had spread to the attic and the entire house was up in flames when the firefighters arrived. Two of Adkins’ daughters and their nanny were in the house when the fire began, but evacuated immediately and no one was injured.
Adkins’ and his family lost sentimental belongings as well as Trace’s Harley Davidson motorcycle and a Cadillac Escalade in their 5,000-square-foot home located in a subdivision in Brentwood, Tenn.
Adkins was on his way to Alaska for a fishing trip before concerts in Fairbanks and Anchorage. When he got word of his home, he returned at once to be with his wife Rhonda and their children.
None of his concerts have been canceled or postponed as of Monday. He is also scheduled to appear at the CMA Music Festival on Saturday in Nashville.